Background: Ophthalmic surgical instrument for securing an intraocular lens (IOL) implanted within an eye configured to deploy a stapler to secure the IOL haptic to the iris.
- The device is inserted through a small corneal incision (the same as performed in a regular cataract surgery)
- A stapler is made out of memory shaped material is pushed vertically in the tube
- The stapler penetrates the iris then it turns and penetrates the Iris again
- The stapler orbits the haptic and secures the haptic to the Iris
- The stapler wraps within itself so that the tip is not exposed